If you received a grant in either the Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 cycle, please complete the Expenditure Report 2018 form and return it to Laura Rappold at email@example.com. Please include any relevant documentation.
You may apply once per 12-month cycle. If you have questions about when you last applied, please contact Laura Rappold.
Please note the location of our offices. The Housing and Homeless Council office is located in room 316 of Decatur First United Methodist Church. You may park at the Candler Street entrance and ring the bell during business hours Monday- Friday if you’d like to drop off your application in person.
Please read all instructions very carefully. Please click here for additional instructions and helpful hints. If you are unable to download the forms, please email Laura Rappold at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The Fall 2018 application will be available on this site beginning July 2018. The deadline to apply is September 3, 2018.
Please choose either “printable” or “fillable” for the application, depending on if you prefer to complete the application by hand or on the computer. If you have trouble with this form, please contact the director. Please submit 5 copies of the entire Application Form printed on letter-sized paper, front and back.
Endorsing Church Form 2018
All applicants must submit an Endorsing Church Form from a United Methodist Church. No application will be accepted without an Endorsing Church. If a United Methodist Church is applying, the applicant church should fill out this form as the endorsing church. 3 copies of the Endorsing Church form should be included in your application packet.
Be sure that you understand the type of grant that fits your application purpose. Do not try to apply in a category that does not fit the purpose of your application in an attempt to get more money. Do not ask for more than the maximum for the appropriate category. Please remember that Operational Grants are limited to $2500 and Capital Grants are limited to $10,000.
There are 12 districts, each with a District Superintendent, in the North Georgia Conference of The United Methodist Church. Please contact the District Superintendent of your area (the district of your endorsing church) and confer with him/her regarding this application since he/she will be asked to evaluate your grant request. If you do not know the name of the district or the DS, please check with your endorsing church, and they will provide the information. Unless you have talked with the District Superintendent about this specific grant request, your application will not be considered for funding. We will ask the District Superintendent if you contacted him/her. If he/she says no, you will not receive a grant. You can learn more about the District Superintendents and the area each one serves by clicking here.
The following must be included for an application to be complete:
- 5 two-sided copies of the application.
- 3 copies of the Endorsing Church Form.
- Please include two sets of the following (collated):
- Checklist Spring 2018
- A copy of the IRS tax-exempt letter (first time applicants only). For United Methodist churches or agencies, a list of the governing board members. For non-United Methodist programs/ministries, a list of the board of directors with addresses and phone numbers included.
- For on-going ministries, a list of funding sources for the previous year and a projection of funding sources for the upcoming year; for a one-time project (such as a Habitat house), a list of committed funding sources along with a list of expected funding sources needed to complete the project.
- Any reports, brochures, etc. that you think would be helpful concerning your project. These are helpful to site visitors, but most Council members will not see these.
- For Capital Grants only: Attach plans and/or specifications for work to be done and bids received.
- If you received a grant last year, the Expenditure Report 2018 for the grant last year unless you have previously submitted it.
- Any special instructions regarding driving directions, parking, location of the project.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Rappold at 1-866-333-1760 or email@example.com.